No Grade Reported
If the course instructor does not submit a grade, a No Grade "NG" is recorded on the student's transcript (policy 48-50).
- Deadline applies whether or not the student is enrolled in the following semester/session.
- If a student receives an "NG" in place of a permanent grade, the grade-point average is calculated and appears with the letter "I" (incomplete) printed next to the course on the grade report and transcript.
- Prior to Spring 2012
- NG grades are to be reconciled by the last day of the fourth week of the following semester or by the last day of classes in the fourth week of the second six-week summer session.
- This procedure applied to undergraduate, graduate, and law students.
- Spring 2012 and Later (undergraduate and law)
- NG grades are to be reconciled within five weeks following the posting of the NG.
- Spring 2012 and Later (graduate)
- NG grades are to be reconciled within twenty-five weeks following the posting of the NG.
- Students should contact their instructor (or the department offering the course) as soon as possible to determine what needs to be done so that a grade can be assigned.