Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment
IMPORTANT DEADLINE INFORMATION: The deadline to submit non-degree applications for a given semester is 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the first day of classes of that semester.
A person enrolled in a course who is not a degree candidate or degree-seeking student conditionally enrolled in the Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) is classified as a nondegree student (policy 02-80).
How to Enroll as a Nondegree Student
Any person having received a high school diploma or its equivalent may be permitted to register as a nondegree student. Students who have been dropped from degree status by Penn State or any other college or university because of unsatisfactory scholarship also may be permitted to register as a nondegree student (policy 14-00).
- To enroll as a nondegree student, complete an Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Form and return the form to the Registrar's office at the campus you plan to attend.
- Limited to a maximum of 30 credits while in this status (policy 14-10).
- All nondegree students register on a space available basis.
- Nondegree students who change from degree candidates to nondegree or who intend to become degree candidates must obtain academic advising from an adviser designated by the academic unit to which admission or re-enrollment is desired.
- Enrollment as a nondegree student does not imply admission to the University.