Satisfactory and Unsatisfactory Grades

Students who do not want to receive a letter grade for a credit course may choose the satisfactory/unsatisfactory "SA/UN" grading system subject to the regulations of the University and the students' degree programs (policy 49-60).

  • Students should consult with their adviser prior to processing; some colleges have restrictions on this grading option.
  • Satisfactory/unsatisfactory courses are not used in computing grade-point average.
  • Courses taken through the satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading option are considered part of a student's credit load when qualifying for financial aid.
  • General Education courses may not be taken under this option.
  • Student's can not enroll for more than two satisfactory/unsatisfactory grade option courses per semester.
  • Baccalaureate degree candidates are allowed a total of twelve "SA/UN" credits per college career.
  • Associate degree candidates are allowed a total of six "SA/UN" credits per college career.


  1. Must be processed between the eleventh and twenty-first calendar days of the semester or during the same percentage of time during the summer sessions.
  2. Complete a Registration Drop/Add Form and indicate "SA/UN" beside the course you wish to take as satisfactory/unsatisfactory.
  3. Submit the completed form to the Registrar's office.