Notary Services

Notary Services are available by appointment only. Please contact the Office of the University Registrar at 814-865-6357 or if you need to schedule an appointment for Notary Services.

Some foreign countries require that the certified documents produced by the Office of the University Registrar include the Secretary of the Commonwealth's Apostille or Certification. Notarization of the document is required before the Apostille or Certification by the Commonwealth will be completed. The official paper transcript is printed on security sensitive paper and contains the University seal and signature of the University Registrar. Transcripts and diplomas remaining in the United States generally do not need notarization.

The Registrar's Office will:

  • notarize up to three copies of the same document
  • only notarize documents produced by the Office of the University Registrar
  • return all notarized documents to you for any additional processing

Note: Requesting Notary Services may delay processing of your request, including overnight delivery, since it will require additional processing time.

When you present your diploma or have the Registrar's Office issue you an official transcript or enrollment verification, the University Registrar's office will produce and sign a letter attesting to the authenticity of your document. A notary will witness and verify the signature on the letter. Please allow 1-2 business days for documents to be processed.

All documents may be dropped off at 114 Shields Building; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST and will be available for pick-up after notarization is complete.

Information about pursuing the Apostille or Certification is provided below.

How to Obtain a Notarization:

Academic Transcript:

When requesting a copy of your official transcript online, complete the notary services request form and upload it as an attachment to your request.

Please note, electronic transcripts cannot be notarized.

Enrollment Verification:

When requesting a copy of your enrollment verification or transcript, complete the notary services request form, and send it with your request for enrollment verification.


Complete the notary services request form and forward it with your original diploma to the address listed on the form. We do not maintain copies of your diploma. As an alternative, you can also fax a good quality copy of your diploma with the completed notary services request form. If you are ordering a replacement diploma that needs to be notarized, complete the notary services request form and submit it with your order. We cannot notarize Ce-Diplomas; they have a secure digital signature and can be validated through our website.


The Office of the University Registrar cannot provide this service. However, the Secretary of the Commonwealth provides authentication of Pennsylvania public officials' signatures on documents that will be used outside the United States. For documents intended for use in foreign countries, the country of destination determines whether the authentication is an Apostille or Certification.

Apostilles and Certifications are not issued for documents that will be used within the United States.

After your documents are notarized at the Registrar's Office, students who still require an Apostille or Certification for a foreign country or institution should review the Pennsylvania Secretary of the Commonwealth's website for instructions on obtaining an Apostille or Certification. Information can be found at the Pennsylvania Department of State site.