Penn State Mark


The deadline to submit re-enrollment applications for a given semester is two weeks before the start of the semester and the deadline to submit a non-degree application is 5:00 pm on the Friday before the first day of classes of that semester.

Re-enrollment allows a former degree candidate (policy 58-00) to resume a degree program. Re-enrollment is appropriate if you:

  • Withdrew from the University
  • Interrupted continuous degree enrollment during fall/spring semester
  • Were dismissed or suspended for nonacademic reasons
  • Invalidated a leave of absence
  • Plan to return for a second associate or baccalaureate degree
  • Plan to return for graduation
  • Voluntarily changed your enrollment status to nondegree

Students who left in good standing and who are re-enrolling in their previous major (providing the major is not controlled) will be approved to re-enroll. Every re-enrollment request will be reviewed and a decision letter will be sent to the student.


  1. Complete the Undergraduate Re-enrollment Form and return it to the campus Registrar at the campus you plan to enroll.
  2. A $20 non-refundable re-enrollment fee is required to initiate the request.
  3. Pay by check or money order (payable to Penn State). In addition, at some campuses VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express (credit card number and expiration date must be listed) are accepted. Checks returned due to insufficient funds will result in a service charge of $25.00.
  4. If you are planning to graduate during the current semester you must contact your college dean's office at least one month before the end of classes to be certain you have fulfilled all requirements and to be added to the graduation list.
  5. The campus Registrar will notify you of the decision regarding your request.

Re-enrollment Exception for Adult Learners

An adult learner who wants to return to the University after a period of non-enrollment must complete the Returning Adult Learner Form if all of the following criteria apply:

  • the period of non-enrollment has been less than three years,
  • the student is seeking entrance to a major in which they were previously enrolled, and
  • the requested major is authorized to be eligible for this exception.

The adult learner who does not meet the above criteria must apply for re-enrollment.