Penn State Mark

Reinstatement to Degree Candidate Status

A student who has been dropped from the University because of unsatisfactory scholarship is eligible to request reinstatement to degree candidacy (policy 54-80) if the following conditions have been met:

  • Reduced the grade-point deficiency at the time of the drop by at least one-half.
  • Reduced the grade-point deficiency below the point at which the student would be dropped again.
  • Met any additional requirements for entrance to the college and major in which reinstatement is sought.


  1. Complete the Undergraduate Reinstatement Form and return it to the campus Registrar at the campus you plan to enroll.
  2. A $35.00 non-refundable reinstatement fee is required to initiate the request.
  3. Pay by check or money order (payable to Penn State). In addition, at some campuses VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express (credit card number and expiration date must be listed) are accepted. Returned checks due to insufficient funds will result in a service charge of $25.00.
  4. The University Registrar, or your college will notify you of the decision regarding your request.