Penn State Mark

Returning to the University

The deadline to complete and submit forms for Re-enrollment, Reinstatement, and Nondegree Enrollment for Fall 2016 was Friday, August 19, 2016. These forms will no longer be accepted for the fall 2016 semester.

The Office of the University Registrar currently is accepting completed Re-enrollment and Nondegree Enrollment forms for Spring 2017.

Students who wish to return to Penn State as an undergraduate student after missing at least one fall or spring semester, may submit a request to do so. The process for returning is based on a student's status when they were last enrolled.

  • Students who were in a degree program at the time of last enrollment or want to return to complete a second undergraduate degree must request to be re-enrolled.
  • Students who were not in a degree program at the time of last enrollment and wish to continue in the same status must complete a non-degree enrollment form.
  • Students who have never been in a degree program and wish to complete an undergraduate degree must apply through the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
  • Students who have not taken credit classes at Penn State for at least four years and had below a 2.0 grade-point average at the time of last enrollment may request academic renewal.