Returning to the University
Students who wish to return to Penn State as an undergraduate student after missing at least one fall or spring semester, may submit a request to do so. The process for returning is based on a student's status when they were last enrolled.
- Students who were in a degree program at the time of last enrollment or want to return to complete a second undergraduate degree must request to be re-enrolled.
- Students who were dropped for poor academic scholarship and are prepared to return to a degree program must request to be reinstated to degree candidate status.
- Students who were not in a degree program at the time of last enrollment and wish to continue in the same status must complete a non-degree enrollment form.
- Students who have never been in a degree program and wish to complete an undergraduate degree must apply through the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Students who have not taken credit classes at Penn State for at least four years and had below a 2.0 grade-point average at the time of last enrollment may request academic renewal.