Course descriptions include the course abbreviation and number as they appear on the official transcript. In addition, a brief description of the academic content is provided. Course descriptions do not include the instructor's name, course syllabus, or textbook title. (A course syllabus is provided by the course instructor either written or online.) Course descriptions are available:
- Current course descriptions are publicly available at no charge from the online Degree Program Bulletins. These course descriptions reflect currently approved courses. Historical course descriptions are available by fax or mail (see below).
By Fax or Mail
- Complete the Course Description Form or send a letter with the following information:
- Printed Name
- PSU ID number or social security number
- Date(s) of attendance/graduation
- Course name(s), number(s) and semester(s) taken
- Name and address where descriptions are to be mailed
- Daytime telephone number
- 1 - 10 descriptions $6.00
- 11 - 20 descriptions $12.00
- 21 or more descriptions $18.00
- Pay by check (payable to Penn State), VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express (credit card number, expiration date, daytime phone number must be listed). Returned checks due to insufficient funds will result in a service charge of $25.00.
- Any request received that does not have payment enclosed or credit card information listed, will not be processed, and will be returned to the sender.
- Response time is five business days from receipt of request to mailing by U.S. first class mail (International addresses via air mail).
- Special mailing services available.
- Mail to:
- Office of the University Registrar
- Transcript/Verification Department
- 112 Shields Building
- University Park, PA 16802-1271
- Fax to:
Note: If you select this method of delivery, it is your responsibility to be aware of, and adhere to the delivery guidelines set down by Federal Express. We are not responsible for the package after it has been picked up by FedEx.
- Additional fee of $30.00, plus course description fee.
- Requests received by noon (eastern time) will be processed and mailed FedEx for next business day (Monday - Friday) delivery.
- FedEx requires a signature upon delivery.
- FedEx will not deliver to a P.O. Box or to an A.P.O. (military post office) box.
- If the address provided does not meet FedEx address regulations, the request will be mailed using U.S. Express Mail.