Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment
IMPORTANT DEADLINE INFORMATION: The deadline to submit non-degree applications for a given semester is 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the first day of classes of that semester.
There are two categories of undergraduate nondegree enrollment (policy 02-80, 14-00):
Any person having received a high school diploma or its equivalent may be permitted to register as a nondegree regular student. There are no specific enrollment limitations associated with this student status.
- To enroll as a nondegree student, complete an Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Form and return the form to the Registrar's office at the campus you plan to attend.
- Limited to a maximum of 30 credits while in this status (policy 14-10).
- All nondegree students register on a space available basis.
- Enrollment as a nondegree student does not imply admission to the University.
Any student who has been dropped from degree status by Penn State or any other college or university because of unsatisfactory scholarship may be permitted to register as a nondegree-conditional student. Restrictions are applied to students registering in a nondegree-conditional status.
- May register for a maximum of 12 credits per semester (audit credits are included in the 12 credit limit).
- Limited to a maximum of 30 credits while in this status
- Must achieve a semester grade-point average of 2.01 or higher each semester enrolled in this status.
- Nondegree-conditional students are not eligible for financial aid; housing in the residence halls might not be available; and other privileges may be restricted.
- If additional information is needed, contact the Registrar's office at any campus.