Fall 2023 Optimizer Run
December 14, 2022
We have completed our cleanup of the Optimizer run for Fall 2023 (2238) in 25Live and I have turned on your security to make edits for that semester in LionPATH.
Here are a couple things to check for now that the Optimizer is done:
- Please look at your classes in both 25Live and LionPATH to make sure you are seeing the same room in both. Whatever room you see in 25Live is the room you have.
- To do this, I would suggest using the PE_SR_CLASS_TERM_SUBJECT query in LionPATH and then look up your classes in 25Live by following the 25Live Pro Event Search Directions. This will bring up all your classes in 25Live and you will be able to see the Facility ID that has been assigned to your class in the Locations column.
- Remember that 25Live cannot push back a blank value in the room field in LionPATH, so if you double booked a department owned room, it is most likely sitting in 25Live without a room, but in LionPATH it will still have that room assigned to it. You will need to fix these.
- If you did double book a department room, CollegeNET will try to find a GPC for one of those classes. Sometimes it is successful in finding a GPC, sometimes it is not.
- At this time, you can add new classes to Fall 2023, cancel classes from Fall 2023, and make edits to the classes that already went through the Optimizer. Remember that when you make a change in LionPATH, that it will take a minute or two for that change to happen in 25Live. Wait for that change to happen before you look for a new room.
- Room changes should only be made in 25Live.
- Time and day changes should only happen in LionPATH.
- Remember when searching to only use your GPC searches.
If you have questions or need help, check out our website on class scheduling or reach out to email@example.com.