Spring 2023 Final Exam Deadline Reminder/Webinar Follow Up
January 5, 2023
Thank you to everyone that attended the final exam webinar this morning it was great to have everyone. I have attached the PowerPoint as well as listed the link to the recording below.
Final Exam Webinar Recording
Just a reminder that the deadline to request finals for Spring 2023 is 1/13/23 by 5pm.
Dates for Spring 2023
- Request by: 1/13/2023
- Finals publish: 2/13/2023
- Conflict filing period: 2/13/2023 – 3/5/2023
- Publish Conflict exam schedule: 3/20/2023
- Finals week: 5/1/2023 – 5/5/2023
Final exam type selection: Main Menu – Curriculum Management – Schedule of Classes – Adjust Class Association
- ITEC: This means you are requesting a final and you want it in an ITEC room.
- No: This means you are not going to offer a final during finals week.
- Remote Asynchronous: Exams will be scheduled online on a specific day by the Office of the University Registrar and delivered using whatever platform the instructor finds appropriate, these exams will be open for 24 hours (12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.).
- Remote Synchronous: Exams will be scheduled online at a specific day and time by the Office of the University Registrar and delivered using a platform the instructor finds appropriate.
- STEC: This means you are requesting a final and you want it in an STEC room (not the same as eTesting and is not a secured browser).
- VTEC: This means you are requesting a final and you want it in a VTEC room.
- Yes: This means you want a final and you do not have a room preference.
- eTesting: This means you are requesting an eTesting final. You must meet the following criteria to qualify for eTesting:
- Courses that had previous exams held in the eTesting lab (107 Pollock) that semester
- Course enrollment size (normally above 600) -- to maximize the space, smaller enrollment courses are used to fill gaps around larger classes. If you have a smaller class they may be placed in Etesting Overflow rooms.
You CAN ask for a remote final even if your class is in person.
You CANNOT have an online class and ask for an in person final.
For more information on how to request a final exam please visit: https://www.registrar.psu.edu/faculty-staff/scheduling/exam-scheduling/final-exam-scheduling/index.cfm.
If you have combined classes (cross listed) please notify our office so that we may group the final for you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries for you to utilize to check your exams
Please feel free to reach out to our office at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Attachments for Download