Summer 2023 Roll
July 13, 2022
I am writing to let you know that Summer 2023 (2235) is ready in LionPATH. Here are a few reminders:
- On the Basic Data tab, please fill in the session, class section, component, class type, and associated class.
- Remember that you cannot change the start/end dates for any session other than the dynamic dated session.
- Remember that if your class is a stand-alone section that is not tied to any other sections, your associated class number should be equal to your section number.
- Instruction modes rolled from summer 2022 meaning all those DE modes rolled over. You will need to change all of these back to one of the approved instruction modes.
- Meeting times were rolled.
- The only information you should enter into the Facility ID field on the Meetings tab is if your class is meeting by appointment, web, or you are going to enter in a department owned room. DO NOT ENTER IN GENERAL PURPOSE CLASSROOMS. General purpose classrooms will be assigned by the Optimizer.
- Instructors rolled. Make sure their role, access, and workload are still correct. Pay Detail is rolling. If it is blank, please fill it in. Use the PE_RP_CLASS_MISSING_PAY_DTL query to find classes missing the pay detail.
- Enter in room characteristics if your class needs special room features. Even if you don't need anything specific, adding the characteristic of ITEC is helpful when the Optimizer runs.
- Remember that if you request STEC, STEC-Mac, STEC-PC that you need to put in the quantity of computers you need. If you leave it as one, you will most likely be assigned an STEC that does not have the number of computers you need for your students.
- On the Enrollment Cntrl tab, please remember that only "Active" classes will go through the Optimizer. Put in a requested room capacity, enrollment capacity, and a wait list.
- Feel free to add notes about your classes into the Free Format Text box on the Notes tab. Since the Class Search in LionPATH does not provide department phone number, I would suggest you enter in your department's phone number so students can contact you if they have questions about your class.
- If you need to delete sections that rolled, you can use the minus button on the Basic Data Tab up until we run the Optimizer. After that, you will need to cancel your classes on the Enrollment Cntrl tab.
- If you go to Adjust Class Associations (Curriculum Management-Schedule of Classes-Adjust Class Associations), you can adjust credit values for your variable credits on the Class Associations tab.
- Remember, if you have a full time equivalent course that also happens to be variable credit, you need to create a section for each credit value (see Approved FTE Courses).
- If you have a 601 class, please make sure that your Billing Factor is 0.
- Under the Class Components tab, you can add or remove class components for your classes. Please do not add components to your classes that are not on the course catalog. If you find that there is only one component and you need more, look at the course catalog (Curriculum Management-Course Catalog-Course Catalog) to see what components have been approved for your class.
- The Class Requisites tab is where you will find prerequisites (Catalog Requisites) and course controls (Class Association Requisites). Course controls rolled, but if you need new ones or corrections to existing ones, you will need to fill out the course control form. You all have access to a query called PE_SR_CRSE_CONTROLS_VALIDATION. Use this to see what course controls rolled for your classes.
- Please remember to use the Combined Sections table to combine any of your cross-listed or concurrent classes. If you forget this step, your classes will not end up in the same room.
- I attached a list of classrooms by partition and the partitions each subject has requested. If you would like to change your subject's partition, please fill out this form.
Here is the timeline for processing Summer 2023:
- July 11: Class roll
- Sept. 9: Close Summer 2023 for editing in LionPATH
- Sept. 14: Optimizer run begins
- Sept. 19: Open Summer 2023 for editing in LionPATH and 25Live
- Nov. 14: Publish the schedule of classes
- Jan. 27: Shopping carts open
- Feb. 1: Priority registration begins
- Feb. 2: Regular registration begins
If you have questions, please reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that we have a whole website about course scheduling with directions on how to do almost everything you could think of https://www.registrar.psu.edu/faculty-staff/scheduling/index.cfm.
Attachments for Download